- 1 round sourdough bread loaf (1-1/2 lb.)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed,
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- Few drops hot pepper sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut slice from top of bread loaf; remove center, leaving 1-inch-thick shell. Cut removed bread into bite-size pieces. Cover shell with top of bread; place on baking sheet with bread pieces.
- Bake 15 min.; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir celery, red peppers and onions in butter in medium saucepan on medium heat 5 min. or until crisp-tender.
Add VELVEETA; cook on low heat 5 min. or until melted, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli, rosemary and hot pepper sauce; cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Pour into bread loaf. Serve with toasted bread pieces.
You could also serve with RITZ Crackers and/or assorted cut-up fresh vegetables in addition to the toasted bread cubes. If you're not a huge fan of broccoli, how about spinach? Prepare as directed, substituting broccoli with 10 oz of chopped spinach
Return to Recipes